My Top 10 Food Products of 2010 and the Year in Review
I love the optimism of New Years Eve. The holiday is right up my alley: Reviewing the year, celebrating the wins and planning for the victories ahead.
Looking back on 2010 is the most fulfilling feeling I have ever had at the new year’s mark.
What made it so right?
My team. The wonderful people that have been wildly supportive and made 2010 my most inspiring year ever. A a little over a year ago, I made the decision to not keep anything around just for convenience. That included lackadaisical doctors, so-so stylists, so-so anything! I was going to find the right team. When you are busy it becomes very easy to overlook how wrong your team can be. This was the year of some serious team seeking.
I’ve found it.
I officially have a favorite doctor, dentist, and stylist. They are the best, but that is just the start of it.
I find myself insanely lucky to have a job I find extremely inspiring. I work at a place where your voice is heard, good ideas are implemented and hard work is rewarded. I also have the opportunity to consult with hardworking business people every day and help them grow their businesses. I have never walked out of the door without feeling like I made a difference that day.
In 2010, I decided to take on this blog. It has provided a fantastic creative outlet and has allowed me to meet interesting people with similar interests. I love my little place on the WWW!
To top it all off, there’s Shane, who is never short of supportive, keeps me resilient when I am pushed out of my comfort zone, and really seems to believe I can do anything. He just gets me.
January of 2010 was the month that I decided to improve my personal fitness and eating habits as well. I decided I was ready to start cooking. Now, the first couple of months of attempted cooking were a bit disastrous. Events like baking parsnip fries that quickly became coal sticks were a normal occurrence in this home. Just as I was becoming discouraged, I plummeted into the WWW and stumbled upon cooking blogs and healthy cooking sites and decided to start out small. I would make baked oatmeal recipes and granola bars. Pretty soon, I actually started taking on meat dishes and discovering foods I had never heard of. Who would’ve thought! Before I knew it, I had figured out you could cook wholesome, delicious dishes in no time. It shouldn’t have been such an epiphany, but I had never taken the time for it.
I thought about sharing my favorite recipes in my “year in review” post, but I have opted to share my favorite food finds instead. These are all food products that fit into a busy schedule and can be either purchased online or at a local market. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as I have!
So, without much ado, I would like to share my favorite food products of 2010!
Favorite Food Products of 2010:
2. It’s All About Bees Honey: A ” raw local” honey produced in Nebraska. This honey has the purest taste I have ever experienced. It is a must-have in our kitchen! I use it in no-bake bar recipes and love it drizzled over apples and cinnamon.
4. Gnocchi: All varieties! We usually have Del Destino’s Potato Gnocchi on hand, but I have used many brands. They are all fabulous. I love gnocchi and nothing cooks faster!
6. Strawberry and Blueberry Flavored Yogi Crisps: These little guys transform vanilla yogurt and berries into absolute decadence when sprinkled on top. I am serious about this. If you haven’t tried it, you must!
7. Trader Joe’s Spicy, Smoky Peach Salsa: It makes pork chops classy and turns chips and salsa into an experience.
8. Food Should Taste Good Olive Chips and Sweet Potato Chips: Very pure, lower sodium chips with a blast of flavor. The sweet potato chips are my favorite!
9. Eden Organics Garbanzo Beans: I use these in my hummus recipes. When I need a quick, filling lunch, sometimes I will microwave a bowl of garbanzo beans and toss in a bit of cooked turkey sausage. It’s so delicious! Their cans are also BPA free for a little peace of mind.
10. Somersaults Crunchy Nuggets: These little nuggets are packed with sunflower seeds and delicious flavor (The Santa Fe Salsa flavor is delicious!). I keep the snack bags in my desk at work for healthy munching when I get my mid-day cravings.
These are just a few of my favorite kitchen staples. It’s so tough to narrow the list down.
On a side note, I have always written all food reviews without any kickbacks from the mentioned brands. I get that excited about good food! After all, at the end of the day, I guess it’s part of my team as well.
At the close of the year, I would like to thank everyone who has made this little project such a fun experience.
Here’s to a happy, successful and wildly busy 2011!